Saturday, March 21, 2009

A little bit of feel good

I want to thank everyone who tried to cheer me up. :)

My husband said it best when he saw that I was upset. He's very astute in noticing these things. I opened the bedroom door after my shower and within 2 seconds, he asked me what was wrong. He said to me, "What do you have to be sad about? You have a beautiful little boy and a husband who loves you." Very true. And then he said, "Go out and buy something pretty."

So I took Thomas out and we went to visit Nanny. For those of you who don't know, this is my grandmother who basically raised me, whom I lived with from 13 yo. until I moved into my own apartment. He had a blast and seeing him running around like a loon made me feel a bit better. Then we went to Old Navy. I bought a cute little dress, some funky "antique" sunglasses, two tshirts, and a pair of jeans.

The jeans, here, are very important. I've been on this "diet." I use the term very loosely because, let's face it, I hate the word. But I've cut down on my sugar intake and I use splenda instead of sugar. Instead of regular pepsi, I drink the diet pepsi max. I stopped eating out for lunch and instead have been eating Lean Cuisine meals. Well, it seems to have paid off. I noticed a slight weight loss. A few pounds here and there. My new jeans... a size 8. Yes, that's 1 size less than I was before.

So... combined with my husband being observant and giving me a hug, my little boy being a silly little angel, going down a size in my jeans, getting support from my friends, and watching a fraking awesome series ending to Battlestar Galactica... my pity party is officially over. You may now cheer.

Now I'm going to go knit some sunglasses. ;) No, seriously, I have a sock to finish.

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad you feel better, but I am just sad that my constant plotting to trick somebody into knitting sunglasses keeps failing!

    ReplyDelete