Sunday, March 1, 2009

yarn = crack

zomg. I'm SO excited. I just bought some yarn on knitpicks and now I can't WAIT for it to get here!!! I just got a promotion last week... so it's sort of a present to myself. I bought 4 balls of the Essential Kettle-Dyed yarn in Wine. I bought 2 balls each of the Imagination Hand Painted Yarn in Frog Prince and Mermaid Lagoon. I bought 2 balls of the Essential yarn in Glacial. AND I bought a set of harmony dpns in a size 7 (to make preemie hats for William and Gillian). EEK! Oh yes, and all that yarn is sock yarn. I'm becoming a sock making fool.

The Kettle-Dyed yarn has been designated for this super sexy knee-high sock pattern called Clessidra (see picture below). I can't wait to try my hand at cables. It'll be my first time. I'm a cable virgin. hehe. I have no idea what I plan to do with the other sock yarn, but I know I'll find something.

On another note... it's become apparent to me that guilt seems to inspire me. I was so guilty about finishing my last sock and NOT finishing Will's baby blanket, that I did nothing after but work on his blanket. It seems to have paid off, because now it's finished! I haven't taken pictures yet but I'll be sure to post them. Now I just have to start Gillian's blanket. *deep sigh*

Oh well, I have yarn on the way!!!


4 comments:

  1. I have an irrational fear of yarn...I have come to understand that it causes liver damage...oh wait, no, that's the vodka talking...hey, nice socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sexy pattern! cables are fun, but get that baby blanket done first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I haven't even gotten the yarn in for the socks yet. Sheesh. I plan on starting Gillian's blanket tonight. :-P

    ReplyDelete