Thursday, January 27, 2011

Yarn store FAIL

So, I have wanted a Namaste Laguna knitting bag (in Peacock) for awhile. It was on my Christmas list. Unfortunately, I didn't get the bag. :( While I was in Louisiana over the Christmas holiday with my son, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law, I saw the Laguna bag in my second color choice (Eggplant) in one of the yarn stores we visited. I wanted it so bad, but it was $75 and at the time, money was tight and I just didn't feel like I could justify the cost.

When I got home, I was telling the dear hubby about my sadness over not getting the bag and he instructs me to get the bag if I can find it online. Herein lies the problem. You see, the Laguna bag has been discontinued. It's after Christmas. So quantities are limited at best. I was able to find a site ( www.handicraftcafe.com ) who had the bag in stock. Success! Right? Hmm....

Well, at first glance it seemed fine and they even had a group on ravelry. I was nervous because I'd never heard of the store, but I decided to go ahead and buy the bag. I received a receipt of payment to my email, which said the bag was unshipped. Cool. Someone's there. The money comes out of my account. That was on Sunday, January the 2nd. I'm expecting to receive an email sometime that week saying that it's shipped. The website says that they ship orders within 3 to 5 business days. That's ok. I can wait.

But I wait... and I wait. A week and a half goes by and I've heard nothing. Now I'm really nervous. They just took almost $80 out of my account for the bag and shipping and I still haven't gotten a shipped email?! So I send them an email. Two days later, it bounces back because they're inbox is too full. Well, hell.

So, being the hunter that I am... I trace down the handicraft group on ravelry. I send the "handicraft" moderator an email. No response. So, then I trace down the phone number for the store on google. (Btw.. they're stationed out in California.) I call the number. A very nice voice tells me that her name is Anne and thanks for calling the handicraft cafe. Leave a message.

Well, at this point, I'm just relieved to find out that they're still in business. I leave a nice message and ask to be called back about my purchase that I've yet to receive. I wait a day. Nothing. So, then I get back on ravelry and find another moderator... Anne! So, I send Anne an email via ravelry and... FINALLY!!! I have reached someone!!!!

Anne apologizes very nicely and explains that she's been backed up, etc. etc. She offers to send my bag and to give me a partial refund (20%). Cool. That's like getting it shipped for free. I can handle that. I'm satisfied....

So, my package from the handicraft cafe store finally arrives today. I'm SOOOO excited because, as I've stated, I've wanted this purse BAD and it isn't like I can just walk into my local yarn store and grab it. I go home after working ten and a half hours and pick up my son, dealing with two tantrums before I can get the package open (but it'll be alright because I'll have my brand new purse, right?). Yeah. WRONG. I open the package and peek in the wrapping to discover it is NOT the purse that I ordered.

sigh.

I could throw something. I could scream.

So, I've sent yet ANOTHER email explaining that although it took three weeks to receive my package, it's not the right one. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you updated.

Oh, and the bag that I got. It's totally not the style that I wanted. The handles are wrong, it's chunkier, and just.... *frustrated, angry sigh* ...just NOT the bag I wanted.

I'll post a picture so you can see the loser. So... whatever you do... I beg you... do NOT purchase ANYTHING from handicraft cafe.

Yarn store FAIL.





And here is a picture of the purse I was SUPPOSED to get (and I actually pulled the picture from the handicraft cafe website).



No comments:

Post a Comment