Tuesday, August 9, 2011

You can do eet!

So... I realize that I need to be a little more active on my blog. It has been way too long since I last updated and I'm going to try to be a little better about that. In addition, there have been some crazy on-goings in my life and it would maybe be a bit therapeutic if I was able to vent feelings here.

SO.... Hi, everyone!!!

Today was a decent day. I was exhausted this morning because my four year old decided that it would be a great idea to wake up at 1:30am and again at 3:30am, and then to jibber jabber in his room around 4:00am. I have to get up for work at 5:15am. I was NOT a happy camper. Starbies is my life saver. And I work 10 hour days, so the day always seem SO LONG. But, I came home and had Mr. T paint a picture for my Nanny (will discuss her more later). While he was working on that, I tried to start organizing the garage a bit. It is a MESS and I have to get the things from Nanny's in there, too.

In the yarn arena, I ordered my Yarn Hoar bag last night and will be so pleased to get that soon. It will have Yarn Hoar on one side and Mourghana (my ravelry name) on the other. I've been working on my second legwarmer during lunch and I'm close to finishing! They should be ready to go for the cooler weather. I'll post pictures when I finish. I've been working on a baby girl sweater at nights, on the couch with my DH. No real recipient in mind and no set finish date. If I finish early enough, it may go to my friend, Joy, who is having a little girl in September.

DH let me sleep for a few hours when he came home from work and I'm just now finishing up my dinner (fried chicken salad). All in all, it was a decent day.

The reason for my need to blog: my Nanny is 87 years old and is dealing with Alzheimer's. It is a terrible, awful disease with no cure. She has been the one solid and loving force in my life. When my mother decided to have her second childhood when I was 13 years old, Nanny was the one who took care of me. We argued, we fought... but I never EVER doubted that she loved me and that she always put me first. She helped me pay for college and I love her more than I can even express.

A few weeks ago, my aunt who lives in Florida made an executive decision to move my Nanny to Florida for an extended care facility... without telling anyone and in the middle of the night. Last night was the first time I talked to her, the first time I heard anything about what was happening to my Nanny. It's been heart breaking and maddening. She has always been there for me and in the middle of the night, without any chance of saying farewell with hugs and kisses, she was taken from us. It isn't exactly like I can just drive over there on Friday afternoon to visit. I try not to do it, but I think about her all the time and it makes me sad and frustrated that the situation is making me helpless.

So... when I say I had a good day... it is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment