Monday, March 4, 2013

Another one (or two) bites the dust

I'm proud of myself. Over the weekend, I completed two... that's right, TWO... acrylic stash busting projects!

On Friday, during my "me" time, when the little boy was at school and the big boy was at work, I decided to refine a cup cozy pattern that would suit my coffee guzzling needs. I have crocheted several cup cozies (and they work fine), but I really want some that are knitted. I recently knitted a pattern for an owl cozy, but it wasn't just right. It was too loose and too tall for my tastes. So, I took a different owl cable pattern, changed the needle size, took out a pattern repeat, and voila!

Owl cup cozy in hot pink.

I plan on trying to put a few of these bad boys up on my etsy page soon, so if you like, keep an eye out!

My second project kinda started several years ago. I bought this Red Heart variegated skein before my yarn snobbery began and made a stockinette scarf. For anyone who's knitted a stockinette scarf may know, the ends rolled and there's no "blocking" of acrylic yarn to make it lay flat. I was not happy with it, despite liking the way it striped and the pretty colors. So, on Friday night, I snatched it out of my acrylic stash and frogged it. I decided to make a slouchy hat with the yarn instead. I finished my Eden Slouchy Hat on Sunday night. Here are the finished pictures...




Now excuse me while I go pat myself on the back and plot my next acrylic stash busting project.

No comments:

Post a Comment