Yummy Shawl

So, I received a skein of my very first Wollmeise yarn from my bff on Christmas. It was one that I had "ooo" and "aaah" -ed over when I had seen it. It was a "We're Different" skein with jewel-like colors... emerald green, sapphire/turquoise blue, amethyst purple and a little magenta. LOVE IT. But it's taken me this long to decide what to use it for! I didn't want just regular socks. Socks are fantastic, but I have 574 yards of this stuff! I could do knee-high socks, but I just didn't see anything that screamed at me.

For those who don't know, Wollmeise is a super nice, strong, hand-dyed yarn from Germany. It is highly sought after and as soon as someone gets their hands on it to sell, it is sold out immediately... seriously within minutes of it going up online. The "we're different" skeins are yarn skeins where the dye hasn't come out quite how she wanted or it's a test dye for a new colorway. So... special stuff!

I was tooling around on ravelry, like ya do... and I finally settled on making a shawl with my skein of Wollmeise. After that, it was just a matter of deciding WHICH shawl. So many choices! I finally settled on the "Harry's Shawl" pattern. It's simple with some eyelet rows towards the end. It will show off those beautiful colors marvelously!

I started working on it last week and am quickly falling in love with this yarn. I may have to do more shawls! Here's what I have so far...


Comments

  1. I am going to start a shawl in a couple of weeks - I have been debating on if I would do a solid or a variegated yarn. Gorgeous yarn!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts