Re-Introductions

It feels like it's been a lifetime since I've updated my blog, but I've decided to start it up again. Let's reintroduce ourselves.

Hi! My name is Heather. I have an amazing husband and we've been married for 12 1/2 years. He's my best friend and I love him more than I could ever express. We have two amazing kids. Thomas (AKA Mr. T) is currently 10. He's into Pokemon, Star Wars, comic books, cars, and the violin. River is currently 2 1/2. She's into Micky Mouse, girl superheros, cats and dogs, music and dancing, and coloring. Wherever she goes, you can usually find her favorite stuffed bunny rabbit, Hop, not far behind.

I first got my taste for yarn in college when my friends taught me to crochet (21 years ago YIKES). I started knitting several years later (it's been 14 years). I started dyeing yarn in 2010 and was immediately hooked. In October, I re-opened my Etsy shop and started selling my own hand-dyed yarn, The Witch's Brew.

www.yarnvixen.etsy.com

As my "about" section says on my shop, I brew up magick in a cauldron full of yarn. :) I'm obsessed with yarn and color. Dyeing yarn gives me the satisfaction of playing with both. I like to play with variegation, speckles, and semi-striping when I dye, so you'll see a little bit of everything in my shop. I'm a tiny one-woman show. When it's warm outside, I like to dye the yarn on my back deck. When it's cold, I dye yarn in my kitchen. A little bit of magick is ALWAYS involved.

I'm going to attempt to keep you updated on the knitting and yarn dyeing that is going on and I hope you enjoy what you see!

Let's get started with last night:

I received some new dye and dyed up two new colorways: Poppy Fields and Druidess.

I am absolutely over the moon with how Poppy Fields turned out. Here was my inspiration picture:


And here is how it turned out! This is right after sitting in a wool wash bath, before being hung up to dry:



The green that I ordered didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but I fiddled with it until I got the color I wanted for Druidess. I created it with speckles of pinks, purples, yellows, and red with green in-between. Here's how she looked before being hung up to dry:


It's not exactly sunny out today. As usual, Springtime in Kentucky is a little bizarre. This morning, the weather transitioned from sleet to quickly falling snow. So instead of drying in the Sun, the skeins are drying in my living room near a radiator space heater.

That's all for now! Chat later. :)

Stay witchy.


Comments

Popular Posts