Socks and more!

Well, sorry it's been awhile since I posted. Life is busy, busy, busy with my little boy. It doesn't help that I've switched to a 4 day, 10hour schedule at work. It means I get Fridays off, but I spend them hanging out with my little man. Today, there's a crazy snow/ice storm going on and I decided to take a vacation day so I didn't have to make him (or me) travel in this mess.

Last month, I finished a ton of Christmas presents AND I finished my first pair of socks! That's right.. not just one sock.. but TWO! Take a peek...





I'm pretty pleased with myself. I decided to keep one of the presents that I had made over Christmas. The person I had made it for just never comes around anymore and wouldn't really appreciate it, anyway. I kept the skull potholder...






Isn't it cool? I plan on making another one, but the skull will be grey with a navy blue background. I'm in the process of making myself some fingerless gloves. I'm stuck on the thumb right now. I got frustrated because I somehow dropped some stitches, so I have to take a break from it before picking it up again..








I've made a crocheted lacey scarf and hat to match, which I plan on putting up on etsy soon...







And last weekend, I was a crafting machine. I finished this cool knit hat made in a beautiful Noro yarn colorway. It's from their silk garden lite. It's made of silk, kid mohair, and lamb's wool. Mmmmmm.....





AND... I finished this pink hat. I'm in the process of making some ribbed fingerless gloves to match....

Whew! On top of all that, I'm also knitting a mint green baby blanket for my best friend. She's 25 1/2 weeks along with twins! She's going to have a girl and a boy. (yay!) I think I'm maybe 1/3 through, but I still have the girl's blankie to do!
So... now you've been caught up on all my knit/crochet stuff. :)

Comments

Popular Posts